"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: A run before partying!

Sunday 19 January 2014

A run before partying!

Yesterday I went for a 6 mile run before ruining all my training by partying hard!

The plan was for a 4 mile easy run followed by 30 seconds fast and 2 minutes slow intervals repeated 6 times.

When I first got up it was raining but I didn't have any option but to go as I was busy for the rest of the weekend and had to fit the run in!  It was now or never, however, by the time I had got changed and headed out the door the rain had stopped although it was still windy.

The wind didn't bother me during my 4 miles slow section however when I tried to go fast for the 30 second intervals I felt like I was running into a wind tunnel ... or were my legs just exhausted after the long run on Thursday?  

I tried my best and battled on but my splits for the fast intervals were particularly poor at 7:56, 8:25, 8:00, 8:08, 8:02 and 8:42 minute miles - not fast at all but its done!  

I found the 30 seconds fast a lot harder than the 20 seconds fast of the week before!  

When I got home I said "30 seconds is a lot longer than 20 seconds!" and promptly got the the reply "Well done for realising that!" and got laughed at!  Yes I KNOW it is longer but it felt much longer than just 10 seconds!!

All in all I did 6 miles at an average pace of 9:25 minute miles.

After showering I headed off to meet my friends for afternoon tea at the Pheasant Inn in Bassenthwaite to start Sue's 40th Birthday celebrations.

After a lovely relaxing afternoon it was time to drive to our next destination, the Allerdale Court Hotel in Cockermouth where 12 of us were staying the night!  A quick change into our party clothes and in the bar for 6.30pm before the party started at 7pm.

A fantastic time was had by all and we danced, ate and drank the night away!

Thankfully today is a designated rest day as I don't think my body would respond too kindly to a run!

Definitely a sofa day!

No comments:

Post a Comment