"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: End of the month!

Friday 31 January 2014

End of the month!



I decided one of my challenges for this year would be to try and run 1057 miles for my running buddy Haddie in Hawaii and my second challenge was to cover 2014 miles in 2014 in any self-propelled way! (Obviously any miles covered in motor vehicles are strictly banned!). 

The 2014 miles in 2014 works out to be an average 168 miles a month! 

The Haddie Challenge works out to be an average 88 RUNNING miles a month!

As its the end of the month it means it's time to tot up the total so far!



Swimming: 2.80 miles
Cycling: 0 miles
Running: 136.95 miles for Haddie
Walking: 10.46 miles
Hiking: 0 miles

Total: 150.21

Only 1863.79 miles to go!



Although I haven't quite managed the 168 miles for the 2014 challenge I am pleased with this start considering I haven't done any cycling yet - I am a total fair weather cyclist!  

Once the lighter nights and better weather arrives I can make up the difference on the bike fairly easily if I can maintain this level of mileage with a mix of swimming, running, walking and hiking!

However, I am delighted to have smashed my target for Haddie by some 49 miles! She is such an inspiration to me and seeing her determination in all she does makes me more determined in all I do! I am so lucky to be matched with such a delightful little bundle of joy!

Today has been a rest day after my sports massage last night!  

Part of me is delighted as the weather out there is awful - sleet mixed with a little snow and it is very windy and cold, but part of me is getting itchy feet because I haven't run since Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment