"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: My return to Steps!

Saturday 1 February 2014

My return to Steps!

Today I was supposed to be doing a off-road 8 mile run near Grasmere with a friend. 

However, we went out last night and after a few wines we decided that since the weather forecast was horrendous we would give it a miss.

When I woke up this morning feeling ever so slightly rough I was relieved we had come to said decision but as sod's law would have it the weather appeared to be OK although very windy.

My friend text me this morning to ask me to go to a Steps Class with her as she was feeling guilty for not running.  I decided "why not?" even though I haven't been to a steps class in 14 months or so!  


To make up for the lack of running I decided to run there and back.  
Its only a 1.30 mile trip and I did it at a surprisingly fast pace for me!  I did an average 8:52 minute mile! 

I was amazed how quickly I got back into Steps and once I had been there 5 minutes I felt like I had never been away! It must be like riding a bike - once you learn you never forget!

I really enjoyed the session and it felt good to do something different!

I decided to extend the route home and ran 2.85 miles.  I was very lucky that it started to sleet as soon as I got home, although it was incredibly windy and whichever way I turned I was always running into it battling to move forward!

When I got home I realised we had made the right decision not to go off road as another friend of ours had done a run near where we were going to go and she said it was incredibly icy and snowy!!  

Phew close one!  

Perhaps I will wait for the Summer before I start off-roading!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment