"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Happy New Year!

Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year!




Happy New Year although I am ever so slightly late!

I have decided this year not to do the  Janathon Challenge!  This is a challenge where you do some form of exercise every day in January! I was tempted, very very tempted but after last years failed effort and subsequent injuries I have decided to not do anything daft this year and listen to my body! So if my body is saying "uh oh - not today!" then I want to be able to respond appropriately instead of having the guilt of Janathon looming over me forcing me to ignore any niggles!

I am actually pleased that it is now the 2nd January and I didn't cave in! I so dearly wanted to give it another go! I have had one successful attempt in 2012, one failed attempt in 2013, no attempt in 2014 so maybe 2015 is my year!

This morning I got up and decided to go out for my first run of 2014 before life got in the way and delayed me!  There was also the added incentive that it wasn't raining but heavy rain was forecast for later.  

So the marathon plan said 4 easy miles ... I wouldn't say they felt easy but I managed 4.68 miles at an average 9.24 min mile pace.

I think too much partying is taking its toll and it's time I got back on the programme and back to clean living ... well semi clean living!




No comments:

Post a Comment