"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: A Short Long Run!

Tuesday 4 February 2014

A Short Long Run!

The Tri Club running session was cancelled this evening due to illness so I did my LSR for the week instead although it was only a short one!

This week is a "step back" week in my Marathon training plan to hopefully allow my body to adapt to the training and get stronger without injury!

So my long run was just 8 miles!  

It was a lovely evening to go for a run!  Very cold but dry and crisp!  I really enjoyed the run and managed 8.11 miles at an average 9:12 minute mile pace!  Not quite the 9 minute mile pace I had planned but never mind I'm not going to stress over it!  I didn't want to push too hard as I want my legs to feel fairly rested for Sundays race!

I was chuffed that this run took me just over the 200 mile mark for runs I have dedicated to my running buddy Haddie!  
200 miles in 27 runs making it an average 7.41 miles a run!  


After my tri suit disappointment I have spent most of the night surfing the net and I have ordered not one but two tri suits this evening with the hope one of them will fit and be comfortable and won't make me feel like I am wearing a nappy during the run!

Relaxation and stretch tomorrow with Yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment