"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Exhausted.com

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Exhausted.com

As I was saying earlier in the week I have a very busy week ahead and decided to do my long run of 15 miles this evening.

So straight after work I had a quick peanut butter sandwich, got changed into my running gear and headed out the door.  It has been a bright day today but very very cold so I opted to wear several layers of clothing plus a hat and gloves!

By the time I had run 2 miles I was regretting this decision as I was overcooking!  However, I just unzipped, removed hat and gloves and carried on! 

All felt fine until just after the 4 mile mark when I suddenly and unexpectantly appeared to "hit the wall"!  (I thought this was a mile 20 phenomenon!)

All my energy just left my body and I was left shuffling along feeling very worried and depressed.

I tried to run through it hoping it would be just a blip, took an energy gel and kept telling myself just to put one foot in front of the other!

However, by mile 7 I realised there was no way I was going make it to mile 15 without walking or collapsing so I opted to head home!

Once home I was disappointed to see that I had just done 9.74 miles!  

The mile splits confirm my "hitting the wall" theory as I ran mile 1 @ 8:55, then 9:06, 9:30, 9:36, 10:52, 10:35, 10:31, 10:53, 10:42.

My average pace was 10:10 minute miles!

Why the huge difference in pace after mile 4?  

Is this over training symptoms?

I have no idea what was going on with my body but I am hoping that with a bit of rest it will be back on track!

Looking forward to some stretching and relaxation at Yoga tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment