"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Wet and windy ... again!

Friday 21 February 2014

Wet and windy ... again!

After studying the weather forecast (I don't know why I do as it is always wrong!) I decided that I needed to run earlier rather than later as the rain was coming in!

My legs were still feeling a little tired and heavy but I had no pain so decided to follow the plan!

I left the house in fine drizzle but in the most horrendous winds!

I hadn't even managed the first mile of my planned 8 mile route when the drizzle changed to a heavy downpour and the wind added the extra special effect of forcing the rain into my face, making it sting!

I cursed the Great British weather under my breath and started planning a shorter route with the thought that I could make up the extra distance at home on the treadmill.



THEN I got a jolt of mental strength and determination!  

I knew if I didn't do the full distance I would regret it and be disappointed with myself!

I wasn't going to let a little bit of wind and rain beat me ... I was going to succeed and run the 8 planned miles outside come hell or high water!

Once I had a word with myself and I knew there was no getting out of it I seemed to feel better and my feet felt lighter! 

The rain obviously appreciated my determination and decided to be kind to me and at 5 miles it turned back into light drizzle!

I ran 8.18 miles and I even felt like I could keep on going - amazing after the dodgy start!

I was chuffed with my mile splits which were: 8:59, 8:38, 8:52, 9:09, 9:23, 9:28, 10:08, 8:48, 8:47.

I was disappointed to see the 10:08 but on looking at the route this was going up a fairly steep hill so its understandable.

My next goal is to consistently keep under 9 minute miles!

BRING IT ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment