"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: YIKES! Open Water!

Saturday 22 February 2014

YIKES! Open Water!

To ensure I tick off all my goals for 2014 I have just gone and booked an "Introduction to Open Water Swimming" course in Lake Windermere!

Just thinking about this seems very daunting at the moment (especially after watching Davina!) but I am determined to experience it - even if it is just the once!

So the date is set - on the 25th May 2014 I will be donning a wetsuit for the first time and taking the plunge - literally!


So if I survive this experience and actually enjoy it I will be able to enter the Great North Swim (assuming places are still available by then!) in June!

Exciting times ahead!


Today I have done a 7 mile run! When will the wind and the rain give me a break?  One day when the weather settles itself I will fly after all this hard training in awful conditions!

When I set off today it was dry but very windy and the wind was blowing right at me - I even considered turning around and going in the opposite direction so the wind would be behind me but decided to persevere!

After about 2 miles there was a really heavy rain shower and then the sun shone briefly before there was another really heavy rain shower!  Just enough to make sure I was wet through to my knickers and uncomfortable for the rest of the run!

Anyhow, I kept with it and ran 7.07 miles in an average 9:09 minute mile pace!

Rest Day tomorrow before another week of marathon training starts again! Deja vu!

I have even managed to do another page of my scrapbook for The Mad Dog 10K!








No comments:

Post a Comment