"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Wussed out!

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wussed out!

We have had a very busy day at school today as Head Teacher interviews are in progress.  We had to endure not one but four Assemblies so each of the candidates could show us what they were made of!  We also had a "Meet the candidates" after school so it was 4.30pm by the time I got home.

I was aware that my training plan requested I did a speed session but the weather was horrendous with heavy rain and severe gales!  I took the executive decision that with the high winds it really wasn't safe to run outside so I wussed out and went on the treadmill instead.

I set it for "Pyramid Training" where I ran 30 seconds fast then a slow run recovery, 45 seconds fast then a slow run recovery, 1 minute fast then a slow run recovery, 1 minute 30 seconds fast then a slow run recovery before coming back down the other side of the pyramid with 1 minute fast, then 45 seconds, then 30 seconds!

The first session was 18 minutes long and I ran 1.75 miles.

After a 5 minute break I repeated the session and the second session was 18 minutes long and I ran 1.78 miles.

In total I ran 3.53 miles and was fairly pleased with the "speedy" part of the intervals!

A had a very quick shower before heading out into the wild world to go to Yoga.  I really enjoyed the stretch session and actually fell asleep in the relaxation!  My teacher had to come and wake me up!

Very Embarrassing!



2 more sleeps until Barcelona!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment