"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Goodbye Sunshine, Hello rain!

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Goodbye Sunshine, Hello rain!

The sun didn't hang around for long and we have that awful wet stuff back!

Tonight is the night that I usually go running with the Tri Club but with only 11 days to go until THE marathon I didn't want to risk running up and down hills like a mentalist or sprinting at full speed!  I need to look after my little legs and be kind to them! So I have made the executive decision that I will do my own thing this week and next week where I can control what I actually put my body through!

However, when I got home from work tonight it was a horrid drab dull wet afternoon and after getting wet taking the dog for a walk I really didn't have any enthusiasm for getting wet again running!

In hindsight I should have just got changed straight into my running gear after getting wet the first time but oh no ... I did the fatal thing of putting on my comfies!

After a coffee and several Hobnobs I was beginning to feel suitably guilty but each time I glanced out the window the rain teaming down outside didn't do anything for my motivation!

I gave myself a stern talking to and thought of what Haddie overcomes daily and made a bargain with myself!  

I said "OK if you don't want to get wet and cold that's fine, go on the treadmill instead!"

This was enough to get me up the stairs - and out of my comfies into my green running top!

I went into the treadmill room and horror went through me at the thought of being stuck on it for an hour!  

I knew that with my not-so-good relationship with the tready that I would run for perhaps 3K and give up through boredom and then be really disappointed with myself!

treadmill
Without further ado I was donning my rain jacket and was out the door faster than you could say "get on the bloody treadmill!"

Once I was wet and my body had become accustomed to it, life felt relatively good!  

Funnily enough after not wanting to go I thoroughly enjoyed the run and managed 6.14 miles at an average pace of 8:55 minute miles and my fastest mile was an 8:30 minute mile!

Not too bad considering how I felt before I went out!

I did it for Haddie and all those battling daily with CP!


No comments:

Post a Comment