"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I did it!

Sunday 16 March 2014

I did it!

Today I ran in "Trimpell 20" which is a 20 mile road race and had a great day.

I was basically using it to practice my pace for the marathon to see what I could sustain without blowing up!

I had set myself a target of a 3 hour 3 minute finish which would give me an average pace of 9:08 minute miles!  

I didn't quite keep my pace as even as I would have liked but still ended up very close to this target at 3:04:59 which I am delighted with and worked out to be 9:15 minute miles.  

If I could sustain this for the remaining 6.2 miles I would get a marathon time of 4:02!  Chances are however I would start to fade and slow down but a PB looks promising all the same!

I will do a race report for Trimpell as soon as I can muster the energy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment