"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Just a short one!

Saturday 22 March 2014

Just a short one!

Yesterday was a running rest day and today I was supposed to be running my 13 mile LSR for the week after failing to run the prescribed distance on Thursday!

However ...

I went out last night with a friend and ate and drank far too much therefore when I got up this morning to torrential rain all thoughts of a run very quickly dispersed!

After the awful run on Thursday I wasn't willing to go through it all again and I managed to convince myself that missing one 13 mile run wasn't going to make or break my marathon goal!

By the middle of the afternoon it did eventually stop raining so we took this window of opportunity to take the dog for a walk.  

We managed 4 miles without getting wet, and when I got home I decided I did in fact need a running fix and very quickly got changed into my running gear before the heavens opened again!

I decided against even attempting a 13 miler and decided to do just the 3 instead!  In actual fact I did 3.75 miles at an average 8:51 mile pace.

Tomorrow I am doing a 6 mile Sport Relief run at Lancaster!  

I have no idea where the route goes but it has the same start point as Trimpell 20 miler last weekend!

I am just going to go and run for the fun of it and to enjoy the atmosphere of the occasion with no worrying about a finish time!  

Hopefully after the epic 20 miler it will feel like a stroll in the park!






No comments:

Post a Comment