"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I've been a positive influence!

Friday 21 March 2014

I've been a positive influence!

Today at school we had a special theme day for Sport Relief and all the children and staff had to come dressed in sports wear!

I am usually very quiet at work about my running activities as all my efforts are usually met with sarky comments such as  "Not good for your knees" or "Bad for your bones" etc etc etc so rather than get all het up and annoyed trying to defend my hobby I find it easier not to share my achievement's.

Anyhow today I was wearing my Chester Marathon shirt and this got everyone talking about running.

As everyone seemed to be in a sporty frame of mind (wearing sports clothes must have had a positive effect on them!) I dared to suggest that we get a team together to run the Manchester Colour me Rad 5K run in June!

Surprisingly this was met with a lot of enthusiasm and a few staff members asked if I would help them train by running with them after school.

Seizing the opportunity whilst the iron was hot I put a notice up asking people to sign up if they were:

a) interested in running the 5K race.
b) interesting in a group training session.

Within 3 hours I had 16 names down for the run and 14 to join the "running club!"

So our running club is going to start every Monday after school starting after the Easter Holidays - that gives me 8 weeks to get them from the couch up to 5K standard!


Time to Google training plans! 



No comments:

Post a Comment