"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Yikes! One Week remaining!

Sunday 30 March 2014

Yikes! One Week remaining!

One week today it will all be over!

One week today I will be either ecstatic or down in the dumps!

One week today I will have hopefully completed my second marathon!

I am feeling ever so slightly freaked at the thought!

Now all the hard work has been done and I am tapering the nerves have really taken over especially after this weekend of total over-indulgence and absolutely no exercise!

I have had a great weekend up in Edinburgh with my husband and a couple of friends.  

Our prime reason for going was to see West Side story but in the mix we ate and drank to excess!

Now it's back to reality!  

Back to trying to re-hydrate my body and detox!

I think I feel more nervous for this my second marathon than I did for my first!  I had no expectation for my first - other than to finish, whereas this time I am desperate for a PB which is putting huge pressure on myself!

I am feeling tired, unfit, unhealthy, anxious, stressed with a little bit of excitement thrown in just to send my emotions completely haywire!  

My body seems to have developed lots of little aches and pains and I am beginning to doubt that I can run 6.2 miles never mind 26.2!

In reality I know I have trained as hard as I could have done, done all my long runs and followed the 20 week training plan closely and stayed injury free (touch wood!) so why shouldn't I reap the rewards next week!  

Time to get my head in the right place! 

Time to be positive! 

Time to use mental imagery! 

Time to chill!

Time to believe!

THEN I WILL ACHIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment