"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Last long (ish) one!

Thursday 27 March 2014

Last long (ish) one!

Today has been another wet and miserable one and I had a 9 miler to do!

Not long after I got in from work the rain subsided and I decided to take this window of opportunity to run!

With a route in my head off I set into the cold and wind!

I was feeling nervous about getting injured! With going away this weekend I have had to cram all my runs into a short space so I decided just to run slowly and not risk anything!

All was going well until at around 4 miles the sky went incredibly dark and I knew I was in for a soaking!  I wasn't wrong, at around the 5 mile mark the heavens opened and it didn't just trickle down it came down at full force drenching me in seconds!

With the wind and the cold it wasn't a pleasant experience! Luckily I was already on my way back or I might have cut the run short!  I really am fed up of getting wet!

As well as the rain, wind and the cold my stomach decided to get in on the act and I got severe stomach cramps with my bowel threatening total evacuation!

I clenched my buttocks hoping to keep it in place until I either passed a toilet or got home. It was a very uncomfortable 2 miles!

Luckily I made it home - just!  I was straight through the door and into the toilet without any pleasantries exchanged with my family!

What a relief!

I can't work out what it is I eat on the days I get "runner's trots"

Some days I have no trouble and then for no apparent reason I suffer!

Here's hoping it doesn't flare up on race day!

Despite the rain, wind, cold and stomach pain I managed 9.55 miles at an average 9.19 minute mile pace.  A little slower than marathon pace but considering I was running on tired legs after 4 consecutive days of running, the weather and my stomach I don't think its too bad!

This week has been a little crazy running wise!  I am going away tomorrow for the weekend BUT I have still managed to fit in all my runs for the week already!  Probably not the best thing to do but I have seemed to have got away with it! 

On Monday I did 4.2 miles, Tuesday 6.14 miles, Wednesday 6.31 miles and tonight 9.55 miles so I am now more than ready for the rest!  


It is strange that these 4 runs all add up to a total of 26.2 miles! 

The same total I will be running all in one go in the Manchester Marathon a week on Sunday - YIKES, such a scary thought! 

That's my last "long" run on the training plan and my last run of week 19!

Here's to a little bit of recovery time and a full-on fun weekend in Edinburgh before the final week begins!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment