"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Run in the sun!

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Run in the sun!

Tonight I went for a run in the evening sunshine although it was very muggy with it!

I decided to investigate the Kendal 10K run route as the race is on next week.

The route takes you along mainly narrow country roads and I was amazed by how many people think there isn't enough room to get past a runner in a car!  

I felt like they were expecting me to climb a tree to get out of their way!  My pace slowed significantly as I had to stop several times whilst cars inched their way past me when in actual fact there was enough room for a Double Decker bus!

Whilst I was running along the canal path this big friendly lolloping dog started to run alongside me!  I didn't feel threatened at all but was worried that it would get lost!  I slowed and turned around to see where its owners were and this stupid woman shouted "STOP! or he will just keep running with you!"  

I obediently stopped but the woman just strolled up to him and said "come on" to him and didn't bother putting him on a lead so consequently when I started running again he followed!!!  

GRRRRR!!!  This time when she managed to get hold of him she kept hold until I was well gone!

Do some people have no sense?

Despite these little setbacks I did enjoy it and managed 7.38 miles although much slower than I would have liked!


No comments:

Post a Comment