"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Tri Training Commences

Thursday 10 April 2014

Tri Training Commences

Today I started my Triathlon training since I only have 16 days left to prepare myself for it!

I decided that I would go swimming, since I have missed the last few weeks due to Marathon training.

The pool was amazingly quiet, considering it is the school holidays!  Obviously with only being day one of the holidays the kids aren't bored enough yet to venture to the pool!

I decided to do 500 metre sets, which is 20 lengths.  

The first 6 or 7 lengths felt like hard work and then I got into the flow and I actually enjoyed being back in the water. 

I managed 5 sets totalling 2500 metres or 1.55 miles.

I was fairly consistent with the pace too, except set 4 when an OAP decided to swim in my lane and totally got in my way! 

Very irritating especially when the rest of the pool was so quiet!

Set 1 was in 12:06 minutes
Set 2 was in 12:06 minutes
Set 3 was in 12.22 minutes
Set 4 was in 12.51 minutes
Set 5 was in 12.37 minutes

I was swimming 500 metre sets because I wrongly thought the Triathlon I have entered has a 500 metre swim but it is in fact just a 400 metre swim! 

Better that way than longer than I thought I suppose!  

I have set myself a goal time to hopefully finish this Tri in! 

My Goal time consists of a:

10 minute 400 Metre Swim
3 minute transition
54 minute 18K Cycle
3 minute transition
30 minute 5K run 


Goal Finish time: 1 hour 40 minutes

Fingers crossed I am not too far wrong!

Out on my bike tomorrow to get some miles in my legs!  

I haven't been on my bike since the 19th August 2013 some 7 months ago!  

I have some severe practising to do and quickly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment