"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Finding my water wings!

Thursday 22 May 2014

Finding my water wings!

Tonight I went swimming to try and gain some confidence for my first Open Water swim on Saturday!

The pool was fairly busy but I managed to keep going despite the annoying obstacles of people chatting at the end of my lane!  If people want to chat why don't they go into the main pool where they can chat without getting in the way of other swimmers!

Anyhow, after a 150 metre warm up I managed to swim 4 sets of 500 metres, and then finished with a 350 metre warm down!  

In total I swam 2500 metres or 1.55 miles or 100 lengths in 1 hour and 11 seconds!

I know I can do the 1 mile distance of The Great North Swim but can I do it in a lake?

I will get a better idea on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment