"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Transition Training!

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Transition Training!

Tonight I went to a "Transition Training" session with the Tri Club!

After a busy day at work followed by a course I was exhausted and not really in the mood to practice getting dressed quickly!

However, I said I was going so I thought I had better turn up lest get a black mark against my name! 

If it helps to shave some time off my currently very slow transition time it will be worth it!

Off I set wearing my tri suit, taking all my necessary kit with me!

triathlon_transitionWe practiced group riding skills, mounting and dismounting skills and running with the bike! We also got advise on how to set up the transition area properly and the order in which to put equipment etc. 

My mounting and dismounting skills leave a lot to be desired and I need a LOT more practice, however I did rather pleasingly master running with the bike holding the seat!

We then practiced the swim to bike transition (pretending we had just run out the pool!), getting dressed, running with bike to mounting area, cycled a short circuit before dismounting and running back with bike to then practice the bike to run transition! We did this several times.

All in all it was a very useful exercise and I feel much more confident with my transition skills albeit I still need lots more practice!

Today I received my race bib number for my first ever trail race! This has made me feel even more nervous about it!






No comments:

Post a Comment