"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Gloating alert!

Friday 2 May 2014

Gloating alert!

I know it's not good to gloat but on this occasion I really don't care and I am going to enjoy every second of it!

I have been studying the Triathlon results from last Sundays race and since I was last out the pool I was interested in seeing how far behind the others I was at the finish! 

I was delighted to see that I finished before the other 3 swimmers in my lane!  I even finished before the "kicked-me-in-the-head-tumble-turn" woman which made me feel a whole lot better considering she nearly ruined my chances of actually finishing the race!  

I finished in 1:33:59 and the next one to finish from my lane was 1:48:26!

Gloating over! 




People often tell me that its good to work outside your comfort zone to improve!


Well tonight I most definitely felt outside my comfort zone!

I went for a trail run with a girl from the Tri Club! I was apprehensive about what lay ahead as she is a trail expert and does very little road running whilst I am still very much a trail novice and tonight it showed!

It was a fantastic evening and the sun was shining! Although I always felt like I was a few steps behind her I don't think I slowed her up too much.  However, watching her bouncing along ahead of me on the down sections made me realise how cautious I am and I need to take some risks!

So despite feeling like I was huffing and puffing to keep up with her I managed 7.82 miles with no falls which is a positive and I thoroughly enjoyed it!  

The fantastic views at the top made it all worth while and made me realise just how lucky I am to live here!

Last night I went swimming and you could have knocked me down with a feather when my husband (who is a total couch potato) asked if he could come with me!  

He seemed to enjoy his little tootle up and down the main pool whilst I did my sets in the laned off area!

I did 3 sets of 20 lengths which in total is 1500 metres or 0.93 miles!

When we got out my husband said "Why didn't you swim like that on Sunday?"

That is a very good question and one I keep asking myself!

I think he must have been wondering whether I had really been going to swimming training on a Monday night as I didn't look like I had received any professional input the way I swam on Sunday! 

At least he saw that I can actually swim under normal circumstances!

No comments:

Post a Comment