"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Off The Couch!

Monday 19 May 2014

Off The Couch!

Today was my "Off The Couch" running club at school.

Today was a very hot and humid day and the plan stated a 3 minute run followed by a 45 second walk repeated 7 times.

8 runners turned up but none of them seemed very enthusiastic or bouncing with energy!

Once we got going it became apparent that today was not going to be a very successful run! I think the heat had drained them of any positive vibes and they were full of moans and groans!

We did manage to complete the run albeit with slightly longer walk breaks and shorter runs but we still managed to cover 2 miles!

Hopefully they will get some bounce back for next time!  They had been doing so well up to this point, I hope this isn't going to put them off!

I tried to reason with them and told them that it felt difficult because of the heat and if they persevered over the coming weeks it would soon start to feel easier - I'm not sure I got through though!

Fingers crossed they return!

Later in the evening I went to the tri club swimming training!

The focus was on technique with drills!  I find these difficult to do but needs must!  One breathing exercise I really liked was bilateral breathing with a difference - it was 3 strokes then breathe then 1 stroke and breathe on same side again, before repeating on other side!  I kept a rhythm going but got in more air so felt calmer! Perhaps I should have done this during the triathlon swim when I was panicking!!  I must remember it when I am next stressed in the water!!!

We ended up doing 1850 metres which is 1.15 miles or 74 lengths!


My first open water swim is on Saturday so I am feeling extremely nervous as I have no idea what to expect except it's going be 
C O L D!!!  

I am beginning to think I must be ever so slightly insane for agreeing to this!  

Currently the water temperature in Lake Windermere is approx 10C!!!  

I could end up with hypothermia - that's if I escape drowning!

No comments:

Post a Comment