"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Another sunny day!

Sunday 18 May 2014

Another sunny day!

I was amazed but delighted to wake up to another day of sunshine equating to another hot run!

I set off with my drink in hand hoping to maintain a 8:40 minute mile pace!  I set the virtual pacer on my Garmin and tried to keep up with him!

The main problem with this is when you are greeted with hills it is very difficult to maintain the pace which means working extra hard to catch up once at the top!

The route I had chosen had quite a few hills and it was an incredibly hot morning so I was pleased to have managed a 8:49 average pace (slightly slower than my original intention but pleased with it none the less!) over 7.53 miles.

In the afternoon I did a 4 mile walk in order to do a recce of suitable off road tracks to run on!

Tomorrow is my "Off the Couch" running club - here's hoping they turn up!

No comments:

Post a Comment