"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: This week they got off the couch!

Monday 12 May 2014

This week they got off the couch!

Tonight was the running night for our works "Off the couch" running club!

I wasn't holding my breath after they ALL cried off last week due to the rain!

This week they had no such excuse!  It was a lovely evening to run!

I waited in the predetermined meeting place with baited breath to see whether I was on my own or not!

Miraculously I wasn't on my own!  It wasn't quite the 15 who turned out the first week, but I was pleased with 8!

This week the plan stated 2 minutes run followed by 1 minute walk repeated 7 times!

We covered 1.6 miles and they were all very determined to run for the full 2 minutes run intervals!

Afterwards I went for a run on my own, using the "off the couch" workout as a warm-up!  I wanted to do a timed 5K run so I will know if I improve my speed over the Summer.

So I could do the exact distance I ran 1.55 miles then turned around and came back!  It was very warm and quite breezy but I managed to do it in 25:18 which is an average 8:08 minute mile pace!  

I am very pleased with that as it is the fastest 5K run I have ever done!  I will repeat the same run on a regular basis to monitor my performance!

I WILL get faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment