"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Speed and trails don't mix!

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Speed and trails don't mix!

Tonight was the Tri Club running training night!

After an awful day weather wise we were lucky to get a fabulous evening in which to run- the sun was shining and the skies were blue, life felt good!

The focus of the training is usually speed or hills - both being very beneficial to me!

Tonight however, we went off road along the river at a steady pace for 3 miles. It was very muddy after the days rain but it added to the challenge!

What I hadn't banked on was doing speed intervals for the 3 miles back!  I'm not good off road and I'm not good with speed, put them both together and ... 

you get the picture!

Anyhow, I still pushed myself although I was slightly worried about disappearing down a hole or tripping over rocks etc! 

I was pleased I wasn't on my own as every field was filled with frisky cows!  I would have turned around and gone home without my fellow protectors!

We did 6.29 miles in total plus quite a few "drills" to give us better technique!

I was pleased to make it home without any broken bones although I do appear to have developed a very sore lower back!

Is this due to bracing myself for the entire run in case I fell?

Fingers crossed it's OK in the morning!





No comments:

Post a Comment