"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: A busy few days!

Sunday 29 June 2014

A busy few days!

On Friday evening I was going out so straight after work I went for a run!  

It was much cooler than it has been making it a very pleasant experience and I ran 4.54 miles at a 9.01 minute mile pace.

On Saturday morning, after a late Friday night along with too much wine and pizza I went for another run!  

Talk about running on tired legs ... they were not at all impressed!  

I think I also must have been wearing my florescent pink invisibility cloak as there were several occasions when I was either on a zebra crossing or on a pedestrian crossing that the traffic failed to stop! 

I struggled during this run and my legs felt like they were running through treacle but I persevered and managed 8.19 miles at a 9:17 minute mile pace!

After recovering from my run we went for a 5 mile walk before going to Ullswater to collect my Marshal kit for my marshaling duties at "The Day in the Lakes" Half Iron Man triathlon today!

We conquered another Wainwright - Beda Fell, which was a lovely walk and very quiet! That only leaves 180 to go!




Today I really enjoyed my first marshal experience!  

I was stationed about 30 miles in on the cycle route and had to make sure that cyclist's heading towards me turned left! 

There were some cyclists going at such speeds I thought they had no chance of getting around the corner but thankfully I had no casualties on my watch! 

I was amazed at how appreciative and friendly the majority of the competitors were and will definitely do it again in the future!  

I got to watch some great athletes in action and do a good deed for society all in one go!


No comments:

Post a Comment