"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: HOT! HOT! HOT!

Friday 20 June 2014

HOT! HOT! HOT!

Straight after work this evening I had to help set up for the school summer fair so it had gone 5pm by the time I got home.

After a quick coffee and after sorting tea my lazy hungry Horace's (aka son and daughter) I got changed into my running gear to hit the streets.


It has been another hot and very humid day today and when I set out to run at around 6pm the sun was still shining and it still had a fair bit of heat radiating from it!

My plan was to run for about an hour without worrying too much about pace!  Slow and steady was the order of the day, but I still found it exceptionally hard work!

I managed 7.22 miles at an average pace of 9:07 minute miles.



Tomorrow should be a lot of fun!  

I am "running" the Colour Me Rad 5K in Heaton Park, Manchester. 

We will start out in beautiful clean white t-shirts, and throughout the run, we’ll get colour bombs thrown at us and we will hopefully be coated with blue, green, pink, purple, and yellow powder until we come out silkscreened like a tie-dyed hippie (or so the blurb says!)





Watch out for some colourful photo's!

No doubt there will be more laughing than running going on!


No comments:

Post a Comment