"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: LSR? Don't be silly! Part One instead!

Friday 25 July 2014

LSR? Don't be silly! Part One instead!

The plan today stated an 11 mile steady run! No way Jose was I going to run for that distance a) whilst on holiday  b) in this heat and humidity. C) with a hangover.

So in order to get the miles in my legs without ending up in hospital from heat exhaustion I decided to cut this long run down into 2!  So the new plan scripted by me was to do a 6 mile steady run today, followed by a 5 mile steady run tomorrow!

I set off out at 6:15am and decided to try and do the hotel's one mile jogging route before heading out onto the golf course to do 2 loops!!  I think after 5 failed attempts I actually managed to find and run around the 1 mile jogging route!

Despite the dull head I felt quite good running until at about mile 4 I got the most horrendous stomach pains and I thought "oh shit", quite literally but thankfully the moment passed and I made it back without any embarrassing accidents! I even got the chance to play dodge the water sprinklers again although they appeared to be on a higher pressure today and I didn't half get blasted rather than sprinkled!  There was probably a little man sitting laughing at me somewhere!

I had hit my target distance and managed 6:04 miles at an average 9:26 minute mile pace despite the pains, heat and hangover!  

Hopefully I can successfully do part 2 of this split LSR tomorrow!

Once back in my cool air conditioned room I had a shower before going back to bed for a post run, pre breakfast nap!

Another busy day at the beach followed where I read, slept, swam, ate and drank the day away before going for a swift 4 mile walk along the beach before getting ready for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment