"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Part 2 LSR!

Saturday 26 July 2014

Part 2 LSR!

Today my self scripted holiday marathon plan stipulated I did a 5 mile steady run at a 9:20 to 9:40 pace.

So  at 6:15am I was out the door armed with my water bottle.  It felt much warmer and more humid this morning making the run feel much harder than it should have felt!

I headed towards the golf course and all was going well until at about 2 Miles in I got the same excruciating tummy pains I got yesterday morning.  I was spurred on by the fact that yesterday I managed to run them off but this morning there was no escaping the fact I needed a toilet ... and quickly!


Thankfully yesterday I had sussed out where the nearest facilities were after thinking I would need them so I knew exactly where to head in my desperate moment of need ... and made it ... just!  What a relief!

I was all in a dither after my near miss toilet experience and after doing one loop of the golf course I headed back to the hotel without thinking about my mileage!  It was only when I was approaching my room and my garmin vibrated to mark the end of mile 4 that I realised I should have done 2 loops of the golf course to do 5 miles!  
Not to be deterred I did a mile looping around the complex!

I hit my target distance and pace and ran 5:14 miles at a 9:29 minute mile pace. I was delighted to have completed part 2 of my split LSR although it felt much further than just 5 miles!  I think perhaps the excessive food and alcohol is starting to take a toll on my body!

After doing some stretching, exercises I headed back to my air conditioned room and showered before returning to bed for a nap before breakfast.

The rest of the day was spent at the beach sunbathing, sleeping, reading, swimming, eating, drinking.... just being generally lazy!!

Eventually at around 5:30 pm we decided it was time to move and go for a walk! However the toilet and maintenance man had other ideas!  We went up to our room to drop off our beach stuff before going for our walk.  Before we actually got out we realised that our toilet was broken and we called Reception to be told the maintenance man would arrive to fix it in 5 minutes.  

2 hours later and after several irate exchanges he eventually arrived and fixed it but it was too late to go for a walk.  A quick shower followed before having to dash off for our dinner reservation.  

I seem to be having a lot of toilet issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment