"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Sunset on the beach!

Thursday 31 July 2014

Sunset on the beach!

I got up and was out running by 6:15am with my prime goal being to hit my target distance of 5:34 miles @ a 9:20 to 9:40 pace.

Unfortunately, the gates to the golf course were locked again so it was another tedious run around the complex.

Surprisingly it didn't seem as boring today! Perhaps my head was in the right place as I expected not to be able to get on the golf course.

It was another hot and very sweaty run but I managed 5:64 miles at a 9:29 minute mile pace so I am happy with that!

After a cold shower I returned to my bed until it was time for breakfast and the start of another busy day at the beach.

What can I say? 

Sunbathing, reading, swimming, sleeping, eating and drinking filled the rest of the day until we forced ourselves to go for our beach walk at 5pm.  

We stupidly decided to see if we could get to the end of the beach which we could see across the bay!  However distances were deceiving and after walking for 3 miles we decided it was time to head back as the end of the beach wasn't getting any closer!  

However, on the walk back we saw the most beautiful sunset so it was worth the long walk just for that! Altogether tonight's little stroll along the beach was 6 miles!  At least we had worked up an appetite for our evening meal and mandatory cocktails!


No comments:

Post a Comment