"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Last run in The Dominican Republic!

Friday 1 August 2014

Last run in The Dominican Republic!

Today, was the last full day of our holiday as we fly home tomorrow afternoon.

This morning I was up at 6:15 ready to enjoy the sweaty sensation that is running in the Dominican Republic for the very last time!

However, even before I had left the air conditioned room I was feeling extremely hot and uncomfortable, so much so I thought the air conditioning had stopped working but it hadn't I was just suffering the morning after effects of too many tequila sunrises and a fabulously tasty highly seasoned Japanese meal!

Quitting was not an option - I had run for the rest of the holiday and I wasn't going fall at the last hurdle! So I pulled myself together and gingerly headed outside.

When I got outside I had obviously just missed another Caribbean rain storm as there was Huge puddles around!

Off I set on the slippery pavements trying to think positive thoughts and headed out to the golf course with high hopes that I would be able to run round it for my last run!

Unfortunately, this was not to be! The guard was still guarding the entrance so I had to continue past as if I had had no intention of going on it!

Although I felt hot and not 100 per cent I soon settled into my pace and zoned out! Before I knew it I had managed 5:60 miles against the odds at an average 9:38 minute mile pace!

Today was also my last run in the Dominican Republic as tomorrow morning I plan to have a relaxing lie in before packing!!

Today's run was also the last run on my marathon plan for this week! That means I get 2 days rest before a new training week starts on Monday!

After a very long cold shower I went back to bed before breakfast and heading to the beach for the final time!

At around 5 O Clock we set out for our last walk along the beach, and I decided that I wanted a last photograph of me in the sea!  

Whilst I was busy posing a huge wave had
appeared behind me and totally took me out, no sooner had I managed to right myself when another one hit me and this time I felt like I was inside a washing machine!  It was a really scary experience as I was tossed around and around!  




I just managed to save my bikini as I struggled for air!  My bottoms were around my knees and my top around my neck!   It was one of the most frightening experiences I have had! I truly thought I was a goner!

By the time we got back to the hotel we had walked 3.21 miles and I was ready for a cocktail or 2 to steady my nerves!

All I could think about afterwards was what would I have done if my bikini had gone!

It would have been a walk of shame back to the hotel in the true sense of the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment