"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 2 - Run 5/64 in Marathon Training!

Monday 14 July 2014

Week 2 - Run 5/64 in Marathon Training!

The good run of weather has finally broken and today the heavens opened and it has poured down for most of the day!

Straight after work I went to an afternoon tea party put on for one of the teachers who is retiring. 

Despite my best efforts not to over-indulge I did and felt a little stuffed and uncomfortable afterwards!

I gave my stomach an hour to settle down before venturing out into the torrential rain for todays run!

The plan stated a 4 mile easy run followed by 20 seconds FAST and 2 minutes slow intervals repeated for 4 sets.

I did a 1/2 mile warm up and really enjoyed the 4 mile easy section that followed!  I stayed on the roads as I decided off road might be a little muddy after the day of rain!

I was slightly annoyed when I was patiently waiting to cross a road and a car pulled over and asked me for directions! 

There was no escaping and it was 2 old dears wanting directions to a local restaurant!  I had to repeat myself several times before they were prepared to leave me alone and let me cross the road! 

I hadn't paused my Garmin either so it will have skewed my average mile pace in the easy section although in reality being an "easy" run it doesn't really matter!  I really need to stop being a slave to pace and just go with it unless the plan stipulates a pace!

Anyhow, the first 20 second speed interval took me by surprise and my slow reaction time meant a slow 8.39 minute mile pace for the first 20 second interval, followed by a more respectable 7.42, 7.41 and 7.33 m/m pace for the remaining intervals.

I completed my run with a 1 mile cool down and in total I ran 6.51 miles.

Despite being wet through I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt quite good despite being stuffed to the brim with cake! 

Perhaps afternoon tea for fuelling purposes is the way forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment