"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 2 - Run 6/64 in Marathon Training

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Week 2 - Run 6/64 in Marathon Training

Yesterday's rain appears to have been just a blip as the sun had his hat on again and was most definitely out to play today!

I had a very busy day at work today!  

I felt tired and bloated (again) after another cakefest as it was someone's birthday BUT I am proud to say I still managed to go out for a run this evening!

The plan stated that todays run involved a warm up, then a 6 mile easy run followed by 4 sets of 20 seconds speed intervals and a cool down!

I was back to wearing my vest, shorts and cap after abandoning them yesterday for long pants and a waterproof jacket! It's amazing how the weather can change so rapidly in 24 hours!

I decided to stay on roads this evening and after 1/2 mile warm up, I did the main 6 miles at an 9:20 minute mile pace.  I was ready for the speed intervals this evening and managed 7:13, 8:03, 6:16 and 7:32 minute mile pace for each of the 20 second intervals!

I know it's only 20 seconds but I was faster than last night!


The plan starts off gently before throwing me full-on into speed training!

After the speed intervals I was further away from home than I had anticipated so I had a rather longer cool down than I desired at 1.75 miles but hey-up although I struggled I made it back!

The total mileage for the entire run was 9.22 miles at an average 9:33 minute mile pace!

I am more than happy with that at this stage in the proceedings!

Tomorrow is a rest day and I have a massage booked with my sports therapist!

Although pain is often involved I always come out feeling rejuvenated!






No comments:

Post a Comment