"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Active Rest - Cross Training!

Thursday 7 August 2014

Active Rest - Cross Training!

Luckily when I woke up this morning I felt human again after feeling so rough yesterday!

Today I had a gym induction to enable me to use the gym at the local leisure centre.  I have been swimming a couple of times a week for quite a long time now and I suddenly realised that it would be cheaper for me to become a member of the leisure centre and get unlimited gym and swim sessions rather than pay for 2 swims a week!

So for my gym induction I had a general health check with blood pressure, heart rate, weight, height etc and was announced to be very fit which was rather pleasing!

After this I was shown how each machine worked and had a short go on each.  After my induction I stayed in the gym to have a little play whilst it was still fresh in my mind.

I didn't want to do too much as I was expecting to go to Windermere this evening for the usual open water training session.

I got my wetsuit and swimming gear ready and was just about to leave when for some strange reason I decided to check the internet and discovered that the session wasn't on this evening!

I was bitterly disappointed as it was a lovely warm and sunny evening - perfect for lake swimming!

Determined to get my swimming in I decided to go to the local pool instead and use my new membership!  

I was amazed how quiet it was! I think the good weather had kept people away!  There was only 4 other people in the entire pool and no one in the swimming lanes so I had one to myself!

I started to do sets of 20 lengths with 25 seconds or so rest in between each set with a goal to swim for an hour and see how far I got!

I managed 5 sets of 20 making 100 lengths (1.55 miles) in total taking 1 hour and 24 seconds!

I was pleased with this as I don't feel very swim fit at the moment with being on holiday!  

Back to running tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment