"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Good Bye to the Dominican Republic!

Saturday 2 August 2014

Good Bye to the Dominican Republic!

Today was the dreaded day where we had to say Good bye and leave this idyllic lifestyle behind and head back to the trails and tribulations of everyday life!

We got packed early on and had our last chance to soak up the sun and our last drink at the swim-up pool bar before getting washed and changed and going to the airport at 1.30pm!


I have amazingly managed to fulfil my marathon plan commitments for the 2 weeks I have been away!  

I am so impressed with myself!  
I have run a total of 53.75 miles on Dominican Republic soil and walked 42.72 miles and have learnt a few things about holiday running along the way.

1: Get up early to avoid the intense heat.  I saw many people trying to run after 9am and it looked a thankless task.
2: Rely on your own body clock!  Being on holiday I had absolutely no intention of setting an alarm clock to wake me up to run.  I said right at the beginning of the holiday if I naturally wake up before 7am I will run, if I don't I won't! Surprisingly, I managed to get up and do 10 runs without an alarm clock! 
3: Take more than one running outfit! Although I handwashed it after each run by the end of the holiday it was ready for a proper wash!  I'm surprised all the sweat didn't make it disintegrate!
4: Remember a running water bottle which I forgot! I had to make do with a cumbersome normal bottle!
5: Running on holiday is fab!  It really set me up for the day ahead, and can't believe I have never done it before!  It's a great feeling knowing you are going home just as fit as when you went despite all the excesses!
6: Hydrate well afterwards!

We will arrive in the UK around 7.30am Sunday morning!

See you back in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment