"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week 5 run 20/64 - experimenting in desperation!

Saturday 9 August 2014

Week 5 run 20/64 - experimenting in desperation!

I think I must be suffering from post holiday blues as I have felt very down since yesterday's long run!  I can't believe that even after continuing training whilst on holiday I don't feel like I have maintained my fitness and feel like I am back to square one!

I was so exhausted yesterday after doing my long run that I googled for tips on making marathon training easier!

I read lots about the run/walk approach and this morning when I woke up feeling stiff and despondent with a 4 mile run looming I decided to give it a go!

To be honest having an excuse to walk after yesterdays challenging run was very appealing.  After all, I had nothing to lose!

I woke up to a nice sunny morning and decided to get my run over and done with!

I set my Garmin up so it would prompt me when I had run for 4 minutes and allow me to walk for 1 minute!

I felt very awkward on the walking portion and imagined  all the cars driving by were shouting "You're supposed to be running!" but persevered and didn't let my ego take hold!

To know that I could legitimately walk in a set amount of time made me feel less pressured during the run!

I managed to run/walk 5.48 miles and was very surprised that my average minute mile pace was 9.03 despite walking portions!

Perhaps there is something in this run/walk lark after all!

A well deserved rest day tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment