"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Its good to laugh!

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Its good to laugh!

After a very busy day at work I went to laughter yoga for the very first time!

I was a little apprehensive as I had absolutely no idea what I was letting myself in for - except a laugh!

Anyhow, there was 8 of us in total and we were all nervous beginners!

At beginner of the session our tutor explained the history and benefits of laughter yoga and explained that a lot of the practise was about eye contact!  At first I felt very self-conscious and uncomfortable forcing myself to laugh but I was amazed how quickly the forced laughter became real!  Before long it became difficult NOT to laugh!  It was both hilarious and stupid rolled into one!  I would definitely recommend it as a way of team building and de-stressing.  After the relaxation part at the end we all felt revived and relaxed!  I would definitely recommend!

Straight after this I felt so energised that I went swimming!  The pool was amazingly quiet and I had a swimming lane all to myself!  I managed to swim 2050 metres (1.27 miles) and felt like I could have kept going!  Perhaps there is something in this laughter lark after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment