"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Squad Robinson

Monday 10 November 2014

Squad Robinson

One of the lads at my Tri Club is working towards his coaching qualification and needed 6 willing volunteers to do some swim, bike and run coaching with! 

Luckily (I think) I was selected and tonight was the first swim session.

However, he wasn't coaching us this evening but observing to see what our technique was like and what we needed to work on over the coming weeks to improve our speed and technique.

We did a 400 metre warm up followed by various drills which I hate and struggle with but I know I must persevere!  Unfortunately I am the slowest swimmer he has selected to coach so it's going be hard work for me each week but hopefully that means I will improve the most!  I hope he realises what he has taken on!

Towards the end of the session we did a 400 metres timed swim followed by a 200 metre timed swim in order to get our CSS time so we can see if we improve with the extra coaching!

My 400m (16 lengths) time was 8.31.1.
My 200m (8 lengths) time was 4.11.6.

The coach is going do the Maths and tell us next week what this equates to in terms of a CSS time!

Altogether I did 1450 metres or 0.90 miles!

Looking forward to getting feedback on how to improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment