"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Whoops!

Friday 28 November 2014

Whoops!

Time just seems to pass me by without me having the time to blog!

So what have I been doing in the last 9 days?

I have found my mojo and have been keeping myself busy
and out of mischief!

On Monday last week I decided it was time to get some cycling miles in and got on my turbo trainer set up in the garage.  I decided to go for it big time and put my Spinervals DVD into my laptop.  I had wiped out the memories of have difficult this was but the title "Have Mercy" should have given me a clue! 



However I did manage the first 2 workouts equalling 30 minutes out of the 2 hours programme!  This was a total of 8 very difficult but thoroughly enjoyable miles which definitely saw my heart rate rise! 

My plan is to continue doing 2 workouts each session until I have completed the full programme and then when I am feeling stronger I will start it again and try to do more each session!  I don't want to push too hard and get injured at this point in the year!

On Tuesday it was the Tri Club Road Running session and the focus was on technique and breathing.  We experimented with lots of different body positions and breathing techniques to highlight to us which actually makes running easier!  I really struggled to do belly breathing which apparently is the way forward!  Looks like I'm going to have many a session lying on the floor practising the art before trying to add running into the mix!  We did 3.77 miles including a few sprint intervals.

On Wednesday it was the Tri Club Swimming session where the focus was on body position and kick and this was a eureka moment for me!  I finally understood where my body was supposed to be!  I'm not saying I will be able to maintain it but at least I now know what I am aiming for!  Altogether we covered a total distance of 1100 metres or 0.68 mile.

Thursday was Adventure Thursday with the Tri Club which equals a trail run in the dark! Our adventure took us up and around Arnside Knott and I loved this adventure!  It was a lovely clear evening and it was great running with 12 like minded people! We ran a slow but enjoyable 5.55 miles. 

I can't wait for next week's adventure!





















No comments:

Post a Comment