"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 21- WHAT am I doing?

Saturday 21 January 2012

Janathon Day 21- WHAT am I doing?

Well, I jogged and logged first thing this morning and now I'm blogging after meeting friends for lunch and a little liquid refreshment so may not make much sense, but hey ho I will give it a go!

I got up this morning and for the first time started to agree with my friends and family - I must be mad!  It was chucking it down and blowing a gale and there's little old me heading out the door!  However I was stopped in my tracks before I even got started - the contents of the paper recycling bin and the "normal" bin were strewn all over the front and back garden like very large confetti, so there I was in gale force winds and  heavy rain picking up soggy paper and rubbish and retrieving the actual bins themselves from the middle of the road - not a good start!

Wind swept and very soggy I set off for my run not feeling very energetic or impressed with life.  Although I did a fairly flat run I think it should count as a hilly one since I was running with the resistance of the wind pushing me back! God it was hard work, and funnily enough I never saw another runner or walker out and about, perhaps they had all been spirited away to Oz!

Not to be beaten by a little bit of rain and wind (hahaha) I kept going, not worrying about my pace too much just concentrating on surviving, and survive I did!!

Day 22 - I'm ready for what you want to throw at me!

Running Miles today: 6.28
Time: 1 hour 08 seconds
Average pace: 9.35
Averag
e speed: 6.3MPH


View my run on:  
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/143298346

Total Janathon Running miles:  92.00
Total Janathan Walking miles: 23.80
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 4.2
TOTAL JANATHON MILES: 120 + 1 Hour Steps Class + 1 Hour Pilates Class 

If I could do 8 miles tomorrow I've scored a century running - but of course that all depends on the weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment