"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 22 - 100 miles and 9 days to go!

Sunday 22 January 2012

Janathon Day 22 - 100 miles and 9 days to go!

What have I been up to today?

Same ole same ole… Run Run Run ... Wet Wet Wet

                                                              
I'm wondering whether when all this is over and I get my life back, will I want it back ... or will I be so obsessed with running everyday I will continue?

I struggled to motivate myself this morning, and on hearing the wind and the rain outside I really really didn't want to go, but I forced myself to move my backside and braced myself to face the elements.  After the first mile the rain thankfully stopped and the sun actually decided to shine down on me although the wind remained!  


What I want to know is how is it possible for the wind to ALWAYS be blowing against me - even when I changed direction so did the wind. Apart from it being called sod's law what is the scientific explanation?
I said yesterday that weather permitting I would aim for 8 miles today, well weather wasn't really permitting but I had it in my psyche to do 8 miles so 8 miles I was going to do!  


It was hard, hard work but I wasn't going to go home defeated!
Winston Churchill said it best "When going through hell keep going" - so I did! 
I was slowing towards the end but got a boost to my confidence when I overtook a cyclist on the cycle path - OK it was a 99 year old granny on a shopper bike - but I STILL overtook a cyclist!

I was relieved to see my house in sight, took a swift look at my Garmin and was dismayed to see it proudly stating 7.45 miles - come hell or high water I was going to do 8 miles and break the 100 mile Janathon barrier. I went sailing staggering past my house with gritted teeth and went around the block. This time when my house came into view I felt like I'd won a trophy when my Garmin was showing the number 8!  Whoo hoo!  That meant I had scored a Century, I was chuffed with myself and it was worth the pain!

I showered, recovered and had some lunch before setting off again in the lovely windy sunshine to walk the dog!  Unfortunately him up there obviously decided I should finish the day off how I started it - WET! About a mile before the end the black clouds descended and the rain hail pelted down forced into my face by the wind! OW! OW! OW! It hurt! I was pleased to clamber into the car, wet and windswept!



At the start of Janathon I set myself a goal of 100 miles, since I have hit that with 9 days to go I best re-evaluate my target.  

My aim is now 150 RUNNING MILES and 200 Miles in TOTAL

Running Miles today: 8.30
Time: 1 hour 18 minutes 47 seconds
Average pace: 9.29
Average speed: 6.3MPH


View my run on:  
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/143641772

Walking Miles today: 4.23 miles

Total Janathon Running miles:  100.30
Total Janathan Walking miles: 28.03
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 4.2
TOTAL JANATHON MILES: 132.53 + 1 Hour Steps Class + 1 Hour Pilates Class 



No comments:

Post a Comment