"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 23 - 8 days to go!

Monday 23 January 2012

Janathon Day 23 - 8 days to go!

Another run done - only 8 to go!!  Apparently research shows that it takes 21 days to develop a habit. That’s 21 days of going to the gym every day or exercising in some way every day, or RUNNING every day 21 days doing ... 21 days of anything! So as its day 23 of this Janathon Challenge I take it I have formed a habit - but when does a habit become an obsession?!  


If I run everyday will I look like this?!!!

I must say although my legs have got tired and sometimes feel a little stiff and achy it has actually got easier to go out running as the month has gone on - perhaps my body is now just resigned to the punishment!  Anyway, for once it was a nice clear evening, no rain and only a little wind.  I hadn't planned how far I would go - after a 8 mile run yesterday and a walk I thought I would play it by ear!  Once I started running I felt motivated and so must everyone else - I seemed to see every Tom, Dick and Harry out running tonight - they all must be fair weather runners, and to be honest before this challenge so was I!!!     


So ... how did I do?  I was quite chuffed I managed 6.43 miles and didn't have any side effects!!!



WHOOOOO HOOOO! GOOD NEWS!! Today was I got a confirmed team place on the Keswick to Barrow 40 mile walk/run!!  I'd assumed I hadn't got in as its been a week since the Registration opened and last year I got confirmation within hours!!  Before anyone dares ask or even suggests it - I am WALKING it! I might risk a gentle jog every now and then, but walking is definitely my primary transport mode!
Running Miles today: 6.43

Time: 1 hour 02 minutes 18 seconds
Average pace: 9.41
Average speed: 6.2MPH


View my run on:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/144095991


Total Janathon Running miles:  106.73
Total Janathan Walking miles: 28.03
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 4.2
TOTAL JANATHON MILES: 138.96 + 1 Hour Steps Class + 1 Hour Pilates Class 



3 comments:

  1. good luck on the K2B walk, no jogging thats cheating on your time!!!
    almost at the end of Janathon, will you stop then? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't stop running completely but I certainly wont be running and blogging daily!! (I don't think!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whats with the time? 0137am i havent seen that time of day for while

    ReplyDelete