"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 24 - Knee problems!

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Janathon Day 24 - Knee problems!

Well my day was a little unusual as my husband has been in hospital getting his knee "done!".  Most of you will probably assume this is a runner's injury, but NO!  this is purely a sitting on the couch watching football swigging beer injury!  He obviously moved once and his body objected!  But hey ho its all sorted now and after a fortnight off work he will be as good as new, and raring to get fit! (his words not mine!!).I'm not holding my breath on that one though!
So as I had to collect the patient from hospital I was unable to go to my usual steps class, so I missed the double whammy session I survived last week! 
 I went for my run as soon as I got in from work before driving the 23 miles to the hospital (Its all about priorities!!).



Anyway what's with all this rain? ...  and tonight on my run I had fog to contend with too!!! After the first mile, I hit the wall and I thought I was going die - I even considered turning round and going home, but I talked myself into keeping going!  Once I got a couple of miles in I got second wind and felt great!  Strange!!  Is my body just testing my mind!  Which is stronger? The mind or the body?!!  Anyway   I coerced my body into keeping going and managed just over 5 miles, not bad when you consider I very nearly gave up!

Once home, I jumped in the shower, organised the kid's dinner and set off down the wet foggy motorway to collect the wounded soldier and tried to make the appropriate sympathetic noises when I saw him (doesn't come naturally!!!) but then we had to wait for the doctor to discharge him!  By this time I was starving - it was alright for him he'd been fed! Eventually, at 8pm the doctor came and said he could go!  Pack horse me carried all the bags whilst hop-along followed on crutches!  Starvation got the better of me (by this time it was 9pm) and I had to stop at the chippy on the way home to get very delicious and very satisfying fish and chips!!  
I deserved it!  

Running Miles today: 5.15
Time: 48 minutes 36 seconds
Average pace: 9.26
Average speed: 6.4MPH



Total Janathon Running miles:  111.88

Total Janathan Walking miles: 28.03
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 4.2
TOTAL JANATHON MILES: 144.11 + 1 Hour Steps Class + 1 Hour Pilates Class 













2 comments: