"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Warning: Injured Runners May Bite!

Thursday 1 March 2012

Warning: Injured Runners May Bite!

Before I start I would just like to say to you all:
(no I'm NOT Welsh!)

1st day of a new month, a new goal to achieve (170 miles running and walking combined), and a PB to get in a half marathon.  Unfortunately it hasn't got off to a good start! 


I woke up this morning and jumped crawled out of bed to find I had a pain in my left inner thigh, at the very top (Groin strain?  is it possible for woman to suffer this condition?).  I walked to work and back without too much discomfort but not wanting to push my luck (and make matters worse!) I decided against running this evening (how sensible am I?!) and instead went to Pilates hoping to stretch the area gently.  This means I won't be able to clock my first running miles in March until Saturday as I am busy after school tomorrow , then going out in the evening.  Hopefully after 2 days rest and recuperation I will be fit to go on my long run on Saturday.  I'm hoping to do another 13 miler if inner thigh is willing! 

So how did I get on doing doing Pilates?  Well, I had absolutely no problems whilst I was doing it - the hardest bit was getting there and back driving the car!  Putting the clutch in to change gear was painful! Sitting with an ice pack between my thighs right now as we speak (now there's an image to conjure up!)  hoping this will shock it into behaving itself!


I have always had a hang-up about my boobs, and have spent most of my adult life wishing they were bigger, but for better or worse they are obviously part of my body and it would take drastic action (and a lot of pennies!) to change them!  However, tonight whilst sitting in the car at traffic lights I was thankful for the boobs I was blessed with!  A female jogger (probably in her mid 20's!) headed towards me, and all I can say is she really should of had a better, more supportive sports bra on - I am sure by the time she got home she will be sporting 2 black eyes as well as bruises on her knees! I got my first true insight into the male mind whilst sitting there - I can begin to understand why boobs make men fixate, double-take and lose all train of thought - basically I sat gawking! I'm sure she must have caused several pile-ups as it was impossible to look anywhere else! 









No comments:

Post a Comment