"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Another sunny day, another bike ride and crunching gears ...

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Another sunny day, another bike ride and crunching gears ...

Another beautiful day and after being stuck inside all day long, I opted out of going to Steps class tonight and paying for the privilege of being stuck in AGAIN - instead I went out on my bike for FREE! 


I had a lovely ride, however, every time I shift gears the chain stutters and crunches and doesn't seem to grab hold smoothly. Sometimes when I'm in gear and pedalling uphill it just crunches unexpectedly , as if the chain is about to come off. What could the problem be? I'm thinking of booking it in for a service so that I know its safe as the brakes also seem to be a little squeaky too!!  Perhaps its just groaning and moaning about being out and about after 6 months wrapped up in my garage!


Anyway, apart from thinking I was going to have to sort my chain out on several occasions I enjoyed the ride, even though I still didn't wear any sunglasses as I couldn't locate them anywhere!  Looks like I will have to invest in a new pair! Talking of which I have been researching on the internet tonight and quite fancy a pair with photochromic lenses rather than the interchangeable ones.  The sunglasses I can't find had interchangeable lenses but I never changed the lenses whatever the weather - just kept the same ones in!  Anyone got any good tips/reviews?


I did just over 20 miles tonight, in 1 hour 30 minutes, although I did seem to sit at traffic lights forever! View tonights run here!

2 comments:

  1. not a tip but a good read
    http://www.sports-sunglasses-eyewear.co.uk/guide_to_lens_tints_for_sports.html
    hope it helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the difference between Polarized lenses and Photochromic lenses?

    ReplyDelete