"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Exhausted.com

Thursday 29 March 2012

Exhausted.com

Unless Mr Google is having a laugh the Chinese writing to the left means "Bon Voyage".  I apologise now if this is in fact wrong and I'm being offensive! This is a message to my daughter who is on her way to China at this very moment!  


I am sat here feeling absolutely exhausted and have no energy to do anything!  The main reason that both my body and mind have gone on strike is I have been up since 4am this morning!  During the time I was in bed I was very restless and had a very disturbed sleep.  So why was I up at stupid O'clock?  Well, my daughter was going on a school trip to China and had to be at School for 4.45am and I was restless as I was paranoid about sleeping in and her missing the coach and then I'd have to drive her down to Manchester Airport!  Once I'd managed to get her there and waved her off the sensible thing to do would have been to go back to bed!  After all it was only 5am and I could get a couple hours in before having to get up again!  Did I?  Don't be silly!  In my highly charged state after the adrenaline rush I decided it would be a good idea to "work it off" with a "little" run! I set off in darkness, and enjoyed the feeling of solitude - there was nothing and nobody around - I had the world to myself!  My mind switched off and I zoned out!  However, after about 4 miles something up ahead caught my attention in the low light!  All I could see in the distance were 2 black legs lurking in the shadows, but they didn't appear to have an "upright body" attached to them!  Perhaps I still had an overload of adrenaline coursing through my body because my initial thought was "OMG it's the Black Panther"  

(There has been repeated sightings of a black panther (supposedly) in the area!). I slowed down, whilst my heart rate danced, then heaved a sigh of relief when the body belonging to the legs came into view out of the shadows! It was a man NOT a panther! PHEW!! Easy mistake to make lol.  Anyhow, I continued my run and the world began to wake up in front of me!  Birds began to sing, people surfaced, cars emerged and light dawned! I'm used to starting my runs in the light and ending them in the dark, today it felt very strange but good to start in the dark and finish in the light!  I felt good running and enjoyed every step today and ran just under 8 miles. You can view this run here!  After coming in from my run the dog was sitting looking at me expectantly so I took him for a quick go round the block before shower, breakfast, coffee, packed lunches and then walk to work for the day to commence... As if this wasn't enough to contend with we had a "skipping workshop" today too -  the sun was shining and the kids had a whale of a time too!  A walk home from work wrapped my day up nicely and I haven't moved very far from the sofa since! Early to bed tonight for me but I will be waiting for a message from my daughter to say they have arrived in China safely - at MIDNIGHT our time! Hey-ho another restless sleep! 


It has somehow got to the 29th March and today will be my last run of the month as I am off to New York on Saturday - WHOOOOO HOOOO!  I am busy tomorrow evening and there's no way feeling like I do am I getting up early again tomorrow to run!


So basically that's my lot this month and its now THAT time when I report my progress with THE CHALLENGE!




How's it going?  Well, I am a quarter of the way through the challenge and the year so am I on track?


For March I had set myself the target of 100 miles running and 71 miles walking.  Considering I did a half marathon earlier in the month I thought the running goal would be relatively easy to achieve but I FAILED, and only managed to complete 68% of it!  :-( 
However, I walked further than my walking goal and completed 20% more so overall I'm not too short!  This is how it now looks!






To be on Target= 503 miles 


Actual Mileage Achieved to date:


3 sports (Run, Walk & Cycle) =  563.30    =  1448.70 Miles Remaining



2 sports (Run & Walk)  =   496 miles     = 1516.00  Miles Remaining


Just Running =  315.30 miles  = 1696.70 Miles Remaining    

So after analysing my mileages I am only 7 miles short of being on target for running and walking but a huge 188 miles short of target for just running!  I always thought this was too ambitious!

Perhaps I  could review the goal to read:
2012 Miles in 2012 Running and Walking
OR
2012 KM in 2012 Running

What will April bring ...?











No comments:

Post a Comment