"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I'm back and ready to go (NOT!)

Saturday 7 April 2012

I'm back and ready to go (NOT!)

I had a fantastic 6 days in New York and if I had worn my Garmin watch I am sure I would have clocked up many, many walking miles!  We were at it non-stop day and night, so much to see so little time!  They call it the city that never sleeps, well whilst we were there we didn't sleep - much!  Well worth visiting and would love to go back! On our first day we went to Central Park and hired a Tandem bike, and couldn't believe that there was actually a 15K run setting off and finishing in Central Park at the time - if only I had known I would have loved to have joined in!  To hear all the American's chanting "good job" etc really made me want to do it! 














It made it very difficult cycling avoiding the 1000's of runners and spectators as well as the Rickshaws going through the park!  We specifically chose the Sunday to cycle as its the only day Central Park is closed to traffic!  Perhaps it would have been easier to dodge a few cars!  I have now got future aspirations to run the New York Marathon, unfortunately as I work in a school its impossible for me to do it this year as our half term week is the week before the marathon and I'd have to jump straight on a plane after the marathon to be ready for school the next morning!  It ain't going to happen is it?! One year the 2 might just coincide! 

Since getting back to the UK yesterday I haven't managed to hit the streets yet, but was pleasantly surprised to see after spending a week eating very unhealthy food and drinking copious amounts of alcohol that I have only actually put on 2 pounds!  Tomorrow is the day I will kick start my running before hitting the Easter Eggs!









No comments:

Post a Comment