"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: A good training session and party!

Sunday 4 March 2012

A good training session and party!

I didn't run on Friday as I was busy after work and then went out to a leaving party for someone leaving work!  However, I tried not to drink too much as I wanted to go for a long run on Saturday morning before heading off to a hotel to another party to celebrate my Mam and Dad's Golden Wedding Anniversary!
As sod's law would have it - Friday was a beautifully sunny warm Spring day, perfect for a nice run and on Saturday I woke to torrential rain and wind - not perfect weather for a nice run at all!  Anyhow, not to be deterred and with my family shaking their heads in amazement that I was actually heading out in such weather I hit the streets with a 13 mile route planned in my head! I was decked out in my waterproof running jacket and once I got going the rain felt nice and refreshing!  As I said to my family "I've got to train in all weather cos you never know what's going to happen on the day!" After about 4 miles the rain had stopped and the wind died down, then at about 6 miles the sun came out!  By 8 miles I was sweating cobs and had to remove my jacket and tied it around my waist! I was conscious of the time ticking by, and had underestimated the severity of a hill on the planned route - I thought I had planned a fairly flat run - WRONG!  But hey its all good training for the day! I ran 13.03 miles in 2 hours 1 minute and 9 seconds! I was chuffed with this time, considering the sneaky hill that sneaked in - I just need to shave a couple minutes off to get my sub 2 in Liverpool 2 weeks today!

I got home and jumped straight in the shower, and gasped in pain as the water ran down my back.  I got out the shower to inspect why it was stinging like hell and in the mirror I could see a red angry saw/whip type mark across the base of my back - ow, ow, ow! I looked like a victim of domestic abuse!  I had made a school boy  girl error, the zip of my jacket must have been grating across my back when I tied it around my waist!  Note to self - in future either a) don't wear a jacket in the rain or b) sweat to death and keep it on!

So after partying yesterday and drinking for 12 hours from 2pm until 2am I have taken today off as a rest day!

Back to it tomorrow!



P.S My back is really sore - it's right where my jeans sit! 













No comments:

Post a Comment