"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Busy week - how do I find time to work?

Thursday 12 April 2012

Busy week - how do I find time to work?

Well, the 2 weeks Easter Holidays are rapidly coming to an end!  I've been so busy I haven't even had time to blog - how on earth am I going to cope when I'm back at work next week!  So what have I been doing?

As promised I went for my first run since NYC on Easter Sunday! God it was hard work!  I very nearly stopped and came home after a mile, my heart was pounding, my legs felt heavy and I really didn't want to be doing it! However, I struggled on and to make matters worse the sun decided to come out and bake me too!  I eventually got home after completing 5.57 miles (which felt more like 50!). Easter Monday dawned and I was up and at them again!  Basically I'd had a very boozy and food laden Easter Sunday so I felt obligated to run it off!   It felt ever so slightly easier (couldn't have got any harder!) and I managed 7.05 miles! On Tuesday I had arranged to go for a "long" walk with a friend in training for the fast approaching Keswick to Barrow Challenge.  The weather was so cold and wet it wasn't quite as long as we had planned, and we only managed 16 miles.  The highlight being a pub lunch and beer to dry and thaw out before heading back home! On Wednesday my bike was going in for a service at Wheelbase in Staveley! So I rode there, which is 7 miles then whilst they were working on my bike I went for a 10 mile walk and the heavens decided to open (and it started off such a glorious day) then I rode home (obviously 7 miles the same as going!). They had worked wonders with my bike, I felt like I had a new one!  No more crunchy, grindy gears and squealing brakes!

View this weeks activities by clicking here!

Today has been my day off/ recovery day!  The day started off well as I managed to get tickets to see Lady Gaga in Manchester!!!  Whoopie-doo, very excited!! Then I went shopping (nice shopping not for food!) and even had lunch in town! However, would you believe they couldn't serve alcohol with my Italian meal (what's pasta without red wine?!) because they had had their licence taken off them.(tut tut, a misunderstanding they reckon - yeah yeah yeah!)  They only told us this when it was too late to walk out!  Huh!!!  We had to go to the pub afterwards to top up!

I really must do some more running before it gets really, really hard but walking seems to have taken over!  Hey Ho only 4 weeks until the K2B then I can get back to running by which time my marathon training plan will have kicked in!






Beautiful weather on my Wednesday walk - before the rain!







Look carefully to see the rainbow!

1 comment: