"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: 12.32/71 walking miles. 10.71/100 running miles. 147.97 go!

Friday 4 May 2012

12.32/71 walking miles. 10.71/100 running miles. 147.97 go!

The sun didn't shine for long - it has retreated again and we were left with a very cold windy day!  However, I was meeting my running buddy Vicky for the last time (for the time being!) as she is moving to Brighton on Sunday, so it was a quick in from work, change and out again!  No time to deliberate on whether I could be bothered in the cold!  I soon warmed up and enjoyed the run and the company!  We managed 6.37 uneventful miles whilst putting the world to rights and then said our sad farewells.  We will have to keep in touch and motivate each other via cyberspace with Facebook and Runkeeper!

Day 4 Mayathon  ACHIEVED!


After feeling proud of myself for completing Day 4 I got thinking to the week ahead and any plans which might try and trip me up in my goal ....OMG there on the calendar for Monday in big red letters are the words "MARATHON TRAINING BEGINS!"  and then just to add insult to injury on Saturday it states "K2B WALK!" - I'm double stressing now!! EEEKKKK!  Did I really enter or did a pseudonym take over my name?!!  Too late now - I just need to get a grip!  I am going to take my marathon training really seriously as I truly want to be able to say "I did my best!" even if I hit the wall at 20 miles or end up collapsing!  Luckily for me (with the K2B walk coming up) the marathon plan starts off very, very gently with just 2 or 3 mile runs next week which I can easily integrate into my tapering plan!  So... that's my summer sorted!
My Husband got me this mug for my Birthday - it shows what he thinks of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment