"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: 86.92/71 walking miles. 21.84/100 running miles. 62.24 remaining.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

86.92/71 walking miles. 21.84/100 running miles. 62.24 remaining.

After a couple of days rest I had planned to go to my usual steps class this evening but unfortunately I had a meeting at work which clashed so I couldn't go.  I was busy convincing myself that another rest day would be good for me and was planning on doing nothing!  Then at lunchtime I was checking my emails and I had a email about participating in Juneathon, which is basically the same concept as Janathon except its exercising everyday in June instead of January!  Anyway, I signed up for it and then felt motivated to actually do some exercise!  So once I finished work, I went home, quickly got changed into my running gear and hit the streets! My body was NOT impressed!  My legs were shouting "What do you think your doing, we ran/walked 40 miles for you and now we deserve a rest!",  My stomach was making some horrendous sloshing sounds (rather like I had a hot water bottle up my T shirt!) and my heart felt like it was trying to escape out my chest!  Luckily I had planned just a short run and managed to get home without any problems!  I ran 3.65 miles in 33 minutes. The run can be viewed here!.  I then had to have a quick shower and be back at work for my meeting, but I felt better for it!


I mentioned entering Juneathon earlier, and whereas I ran everyday in January during Janathon, my plan for Juneathon is to do both cycling and running on alternate days since I am training for both running events and cycling sportives!


I ran 158 miles during Janathon, so based on that total I am setting my Juneathon goals as being 80 running miles and 200 cycling miles.


Why don't you join me in this next challenge?  Enter here! You know you want to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment